Sunday, April 1, 2012

DK

The main purpose of my trip to Denmark was to show them (the Danes) that I want to be in their club - So badly.
I want to be Danish. I want to eat pastry everyday and cycle through the city like a pro. I want to hold a short but sweet conversation with someone in complete, perfectly pronounced Danish. Heck, I even want to call their Queen my own.

I'm lucky enough to have been born into a family with a Dane for a father (few will know the pleasure of even meeting a Dane). This good fortune has allowed me to submit an application to the people of Denmark, pleading them to let me join their club. And you know what, They let me in!

I received my Danish certificate of citizenship in the mail last week and I couldn't be more proud of myself. So, I just want to say thank you to Denmark and make a promise to the people, that I will learn to love rugbrød, I will endeavour to assemble the perfect smørrebrød and I will master the art of pronouncing 'rød grøde med fløde'





Tak skal du have, Danmark
f.