Saturday, February 26, 2011

DIY!

For those of you who are very fashion consious and/or follow a lot of the big named fashion bloggers, you will have already seen The Glamourai talking about the Celine clutches here

Inspired by how simple, chic and fashionable they look, I decided to take a crack at making something similar. Now, obviously mine is not going to look as expensive and professional as the Celine but I took the look and created it into something that can translate into middle-class fashion budgets and then I added a little twist with the cute lining.

I ventured over to my local Spotlight this morning and picked out a few things. I only got half a meter or fabric because I wasn't sure how much or how many I would end up making - I still have tons of fabric left. Luckily, I found some great ends and leftovers in a sale bin. Total:$9.50





I finished this in one afternoon. I've never sewn a zip onto anything before but I did it successfully!






The real Celine

f.