Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Concrete Jungle

I've been in New York for six days already and I feel surprisingly at ease. I have to admit that before I got here I was really worried about walking the streets, catching the train and being alone in such a big city. There are people on the streets all the time that it's hard to feel unsafe. If you keep your bag zipped up and don't smile at anyone, you will be fine. Truth.

Walking down the street the other day I literally thought to myself "I could live here". It helps to imagine that scenario if you actually have a fully furnished, lived-in apartment at your disposal (which I do - Thanks to a very special friend).

I've seen most of the touristy things that I want to see, so now I have 6 days to fill with shopping and eating - The things I do best.

Empire State, Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, Magnolia Bakery, 5th Avenue, Central Park, The Met, Broadway, MoMA, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Centre Memorial, Grand Central Terminal, Street Dancers and Hot dogs.









I love this city. Would it really be that bad if I never came home?

f.