Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I left my heart in San Francisco

Just after Christmas, my sister and I took a road trip to San Francisco. The trip was a surprise for me - My mum and sister had been in cahoots with each other before I had even left Brisbane.

The drive to SF took us about five and a half hours. There was lots of music, photographs and Haribo candy.

We stayed at The Good Hotel on 7th street - It was pretty good, if you ask me.
The first night we had dinner at a real American diner and checked out Union Square. We went to Haight street with a small hiccup, visited Pier 39 and the Aquarium and successfully made it back to Haight street for our intended activities.

On the last day we thought it would be good to visit the Golden Gate Bridge, since you know, that's a major site in San Fran. This is what we saw...




Driving over the bridge provided slightly better views, but it was actually pretty cool and mystical to see the huge pillars appear out of the fog as we drove over the bridge.











It was really cool to get the opportunity to see another city on my trip and especially to see it with my sister. It would be nice to have her here with me in New York but I don't have time to mope over it (Sorry M.)

f.