Monday, January 28, 2013

New Age Rage



Fuck everyone else, I'm taking this year back to Me.

Quite frankly, I can't handle people. People and their technology. Technology and it's shitty affect on everyone's manners.

I'm sick of being ignored. Ignored among updated statuses, cover photos and posting pics of meals to Instagram. Why is being seen online, now more important than bonding with real life, flesh humans - Flesh in the form of a friend.
I do want your interaction. I want to see your face, without the glare of a smart screen on it. I want to laugh out loud with you, for real. I want to actually tell you, with my voice, that I like your new hair cut. Hell, I want to smell your new perfume. I want to physically high-five you.

Some of my friends may call this a bit of an overreaction. I call it PMS.

I am a little concerned with our ability to connect with friends. We can take photos, edit, title, tag and upload a in a matter of seconds now. But replying to a text, confirming attendance, apologising and even acknowledging a friend, on her birthday! no less - is near impossible*. This "I'll make it up to you" thing is in your hands now. I already gave you a date and time that was good for me.

I just simply don't like being the kid in school who has the party no one shows up for.

If you want me, I'll be out by the Mailbox - Clutching my phone...

f.

* I am also guilty of all of this. I, in fact, am the worst at replying to emails from my sister in the USA, no less. This is just a reflection of my deep disappointment in my birthday celebrations and my ability to "bring in a crowd". I still love my friends deeply