Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh Lord

I'm in love.

I've been recently listening to Lord Huron. I'll admit, I started listening to them because Drew Barrymore listed them as a favourite in a recent interview for Instyle magazine. Anything to be more like Drew.
But, these boys are exceptional. I'm not exactly sure what's up with the red-button-up-rolled-sleeve-side-cap-wearing hillbilly but the rest of the lads are nice to look at.

They remind me of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, except ....different. If I close my eyes, I can imagine being in India, the Amazon or a desert. The music makes me happy. I smile. In my heart.
My favourite is 'The Stranger'. When I first heard it, it made me happy. Then, when I was going through a tough decision making time, it was the saddest song I had ever heard. Now, it is enlightening. Everything seems better when this song is playing. I feel like I know more. I could fly.









I sound like Gandhi or Elizabeth Gilbert.

f.